Tribu

So, I (Allison) have been helping with the newly re-formed youth group at our local church here in Costa Rica.  The group is called "Tribu" which means "the tribe".  It was an interesting start, and has definitely taken some time to get to a point where the youth feel comfortable with me and are starting to open up.  This past Saturday marked an important point in my life.  For the first time, I lead the teaching part/Bible study part of the youth meeting.  Needless to say, I was totally nervous.  The time was covered in much prayer and thought...and practice.  Practice because, just like in English, I hate talking in front of crowds and the words just seem to leave my head.  I think I talked through the entire 30 minute Bible study 4 or 5 times.  Praise the Lord, I lived through it.  I hope that the Lord used it to speak to their lives.  I will say one thing, we also have had in the past few weeks to make some conduct codes due to disruptive behavior.  I was a little nervous about this because disruptive behavior could've been very distracting.  I don't know if it was the Lord's provision just for me or what, but they were the most attentive, well-behaved group of 25 youth I'd seen at Tribu yet.  Praise the Lord!  Please continue to pray for me as I seek to speak into the lives of the youth at Valle de Beraca church, sharpening them and pushing them towards holiness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think...

About Us

My photo
Atenas, Alajuela, Costa Rica
Josh & Alli are missionaries with Engineering Ministries International and are based in eMi's Latin America office in Costa Rica.

Twitter

You're Readin'...

This blog is designed to help keep you up to date on the latest happenings in Josh & Alli's life as they strive to love the Lord with all they hearts, souls, and minds.
Powered by Blogger.