Aguacero

So, it's literally been raining for the past 10 days straight.  I absolutely love the rainy season because of so many reasons...mainly though, because it cools things off so nicely.  Without the rain, it's HOT!  I also love it because it makes things so incredibly lush and green.  I don't see why people would come visit Costa Rica in March when it's so dry and hot and everything's brown.  Anyways, back to the rain.  Aguacero means a terrential downpour.  I feel like that has been our life for the last two weeks.  I've washed two loads of laundry, both small and had to hang them up in the bathroom on hangers with fans blowing on them.  It still took 2 days for them to dry...2 full days!  Praise the Lord we have clean underwear, though.  I didn't go to the Friday morning fresh vegetable/fruit market because it was so yucky outside and I didn't feel like trying to maneuver through the outdoor market with an umbrella and my purchases.  This morning, we have had cloudiness, but no rain.  I hope this is a sign that the weather is returning to normal.  I miss my sunny mornings!  Thank you, Lord, for the chance to be grateful for the beautiful sunshine.  The rain has been a reminder that sometimes the darkness and hard times reminds you of how grateful you are for the sunshine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think...

About Us

My photo
Atenas, Alajuela, Costa Rica
Josh & Alli are missionaries with Engineering Ministries International and are based in eMi's Latin America office in Costa Rica.

Twitter

You're Readin'...

This blog is designed to help keep you up to date on the latest happenings in Josh & Alli's life as they strive to love the Lord with all they hearts, souls, and minds.
Powered by Blogger.