9.24.2011

I feel as thought I've somewhat spun off a roller coaster and am sliding to a halt.  This past weekend was our office's annual Family Retreat which is the biggest event of the year that I am responsible for planning.  It was an amazing weekend of laughing, playing, learning from each other and spending time in God's Word together.  The theme for the weekend was "Thriving, Not Just Surviving" and God showed each one of us things about Himself and ourselves.  Many of the families in our office have made decisions to stay for longer terms here in Costa Rica, so it was a good point to discuss what it means to thrive on the mission field.  Although I was energized from being around people and the weekend was very fun, we are now two days out and I still feel as though I could sleep 3 more hours.  I know the Lord will regenerate me, but He has also taught me alot about resting in Him, and resting in general.  It feels good to be able to use what I feel are my gifts and things I love to do to serve the Lord through serving EMI.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think...

About Us

My photo
Atenas, Alajuela, Costa Rica
Josh & Alli are missionaries with Engineering Ministries International and are based in eMi's Latin America office in Costa Rica.

Twitter

You're Readin'...

This blog is designed to help keep you up to date on the latest happenings in Josh & Alli's life as they strive to love the Lord with all they hearts, souls, and minds.
Powered by Blogger.